Wedding Photography Training | Wedding Photography Courses | Photography Training | Photography Courses | Canon eos 5D Review | Canon eos 40D Review | Canon eos 1D Review

Wednesday 29 July 2009

Sold the 5DMk2 and the 40D

I have decided to part with the 5D Mk2 and the 40D and stick with the good old Canon 5D. I am now taking my own advice i give out every week at training workshops. I am limiting my kit and keeping it very simple. My main reason is the 5Dmk2 has horible colour problems. The 40D has great colour but poor sharpness and weirdness that i cant explain without showing you. The 5D has great colour great sharpness great exposure latitude/ tonal range and just works without having to think. Canon also put the ISO button in different positions on all three cameras which makes them a pain to use together when you are in a hurry. I think canon will need to produce a brand new camera from the ground up like nikon have with the D3. Its time for them to decide on a standard layout of controls and make camera 'SIMPLE' to use....that is all we want. SIMPLE cameras.

Rich

No comments: