Wedding Photography Training | Wedding Photography Courses | Photography Training | Photography Courses | Canon eos 5D Review | Canon eos 40D Review | Canon eos 1D Review

Wednesday 29 July 2009

Starting Your Photography Business

It is now wedding season and we are run off our feet, but i still like to offer the odd days training. I get asked allot 'How do you make a living from photography'.

I have to be honest and say that for the first ten years of being an amateur photographer i had no idea how to make a living from photography. I remember going to business link to see if they could help. I was told that photography businesses had such a poor reputation 'for success' that they could offer no funding. I have never been one for giving up and so i read an article by an American photographer called Gary Fong and that changed everything. I decided to set up a wedding photography business and have never looked back. The best advice i can give anyone who would like to set up a photography business is look towards the USA and be positive.

No comments: